Submit your original Alt-Country song to be in with a chance to win prizes including €300 first prize, a DownDa Road Productions runner up prize consisting of €100, a slot at The Short Grass Sessions plus a professionally recorded and edited live video. Other prizes include designer western head wear from Shevlin Millnery and a one-of-a-kind, hand crafted sculpture first place award by Deirdre Griffin Glass Fusion. And it’s FREE to enter!
A shortlist of 20 songs will be selected by organizers to be presented to the three expert judges Niall Toner, Catherine Simpson & David Virgin who will decide the winner and runners up.
The winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded at the Award Ceremony at IMRO (Irish Music Rights Organisation) HQ in Dublin on October 13th 2016. Follow on Facebook and Twitter for all contest news and updates:
Click HERE to enter the contest (please read The Rules below before entering)
1. Entrants can submit 1 song per artist/band.
2. Submissions must be made via a link to a video or sound recording (Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Youtube, Facebook etc) via the online submission form.
3. “Alt-Country” is defined as falling within the genres of country, country blues, western swing, country punk, bluegrass, old timey, Classic country, alt-folk & Americana where the musical style or lyrical content of the song differentiates itself sufficiently from “mainstream” or “pop-country”.
4. You do not need to primarily identify as an “Alt-Country” act, however the song you submit must conform to the style guidelines set out in Rule 3.
5. A shortlist of 20 songs will be selected by the competition organizers. These 20 songs will be uploaded to The Dublin City Rounders Alt-Country Song Contest Youtube Channel, and presented to the three judges who will choose the winner & runners up.
6. The winner of the contest as decided by the three judges will receive €300, and a hand crafted award sculpture by Deidre Griffin Glass Fusion. The first runner up will receive the DownDa Road Productions prize consisting of €100, a slot at The Short Grass Sessions (Naas) plus a professional recorded and edited live video. The Second runner up will received a custom, designer western hat from Shevlin Millinery.
7. The judges decision is final and will not be contested, or altered. The Organizers decision is final with regards to the shortlist.
8. Prizes cannot be exchanged, or redeemed for monetary value.
9. Entry is free.
10. Those selected for the shortlist should make reasonable effort to attend the award ceremony on the evening of October 13th 2016 at IMRO HQ, Copyright House, Pembroke Row, Dublin where the award winners will be announced, live music will be performed and a networking session will take place. Those who cannot attend may send a representative in their place. Finalists between 16 and 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
11. Entries are open to those 16 years of age and older. All entrants must be a resident of The Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
12. Entries may be submitted between 10am August 11th 2016 and 10am September 15th 2016.
13. Only entries submitted via the online submission form will be counted. No contact via email, phone or otherwise will be accepted, and may disqualify your entry if contact is deemed forceful inappropriate.
14. By submitting your online entry you thereby give permission for contest organisers to upload your song to the contest Youtube Channel if selected as part of the 20 song short list.