Professional Results in an Intimate, Creative Environment
- Beardfire is a Music Production Studio based in Dublin recording and producing professional, critically acclaimed music by the likes of Leila Jane, William Franklyn Miller, Kate Dineen, Ciaran Moran, Klara McDonnell, Grainne Hunt, Aaron Nestor, Brian Barron, Elga Fox, Leslie Dowdall, David Virgin, The Dublin City Rounders and more.
- Other services include performance and vocal coaching (the Beardfire team have worked with a number of international TV & film personalities on music related projects), music teaching, music supervision and scoring (recent projects include Canadian Documentary series “Bloomsday ReJoyce”) as well as songwriting workshops and sound engineering and production courses.
- Our seasoned in-house session musicians are always on hand to offer additional instrumentation on guitar, drums, bass, piano, orchestral, synth and more to get that big, full band sound when needed.The Team
Rohan Healy – Rohan’s full time career in music has spanned the past 16 years. In that time Rohan has written, recorded and produced 10 solo albums, appeared on The Voice UK Series 5 and Busker Abu with The Dublin City Rounders, shared the stage with the likes of Cat Power, Lloyd Cole and Jim Lauderdale, booked and performed over 1,000 shows in Australia, the UK, Ireland and Europe and has dozens of production, songwriting and performance credits on other artists’ works.
Rohan is also radio host of “Rhythm & Roots” on 103.2 Dublin City FM and Music Scout for Gnarles Publishing & Sync Library
David Virgin – As a performer David has shared the stage with the likes of Nick Cave, INXS, Mary Black, John Cooper Clarke and Billy Bragg to name a few. As a producer and songwriter he has 5 number 1’s on the Australian charts, has worked with the likes of Clive Shakespear (Sherbet) and was instructed in music production by Australian rock legend Lobby Lloyd, who was in turn instructed by Paul McCartney. David also produced pioneering industrial noise group SPK who would become a cited influence on Nine Inch Nail, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers and more.
David’s original handwritten lyrics hang in the Bridle Bar at the Aras an Uachtarain
Al Quiff – Al has made a name for himself as one of Ireland’s top upright bass and electric bass players, as well as a world-class drummer. Beginning to play live at 15 with psychobilly outfit Quiffs N Coffins Al has since racked up thousands of playing hours on stage and in studio including performances for President Michael D Higgins, The US Ambassador’s Residence, The Sean O’Rourke Show, The Voice UK and dozens of outdoor festivals including for 10,000 people during the RTE 1916 Uprising Centenary.
As well as recording in Beardfire Studios, Al’s session work has taken him to the likes of Windmill Lane.
- Based in centrally located Dublin 4, and available for mixing/mastering work online. Get in touch via email@example.com or 087 334 9633 and let’s see what we can do for you. Kind regards.
- Rates are flexible and based on the needs and budget of the client. Factors include complexity of production, number of tracks per song, whether session playing from our musicians is required, number of songs, and urgency (deadline) of production. Please enquire via phone or email to discuss your project and get a ballpark quote. We offer a free, zero comitment, one hour pre production to discuss and quote your project before deciding to lock in the studio time. Please take a look at our quotes from previous clients and our audio samples and get in touch when you’re ready.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Aaron Nestor – Absolutely amazing bunch of lads who will put 100% into any project that comes their way – if you’re looking for top quality recording at extremely good prices I couldn’t recommend them more ! Amazing experience recording my EP and the tracks turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Thanks again Beadfire
Marie Conniffe – I enjoyed the whole process thoroughly and I am delighted with the results. They were really dedicated and did a lot of preparation so that the sessions ran really smoothly. They had lots of great ideas and were also very willing to hear my input and we worked very well together. Finally, they really know their way around a studio – can’t fault their professionalism as musicians or as producers/engineers.
David Duggan – I worked with Rohan & Al on a musical project for my website the odbox and I have to say these guys are brilliant at what they do. From start to finish the guys pour their heart and soul into the project with a professional attitude to bring my ideas to life. I would highly recommend them and have been to my fellow musician friends.
Kate Dineen – I recorded, an EP and a single with Beardfire. Found the lads to be really professional and great value. Rohan and Alex were happy to work through any ideas I had and are very easy going and great musicians. Was happy with all recordings which have been well received! Thanks guys.
Leila Jane – Very efficient. Good communication. Gets everything done to the best quality and also very fun and enjoyable to work with. Was a pleasure to work with such knowledgeable and helpful people.
Adam Byrne – The best around. Beardfire was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. A team of perfectionists with expertise in all areas of production, and musicianship to match. The entire recording process was a pleasure and I will 100% be returning to work with the guys again. Top tier.
Klara McDonald – Rohan and Al are accomplished and versatile musicians. I was so happy that they not only produced my songs but played on them. They have a great understanding of all areas of the recording process. I loved how my songs were produced and mixed. I would highly recommend them to any other singer/songwriter.
Studio Tuition – The Beardfire Masterclass
We offer a 4 week, 2 hour per session masterclass on the following 4 modules:
In each session we work through the fundamental elements required to make a captivating, artistic, interesting production to a professional, commercial standard.
The Beardfire Masterclass is a great supplement to any longer term sound or production training and a valuable addition to your production and engineering CV. Gain invaluable insight from industry veteran and influential as well as chart topping producer, David Virgin, and Rohan and Al Healy, professional stage and studio musicians, engineers and producers currently working in Ireland.
The course runs for 4 weeks, 2 hours per session. Sessions are 1 on 1 so tuition is undivided and tailored to your needs and ambitions.
The 4 week course is only €200